Dangers at Home
Medical experts agree that it is highly unlikely your child would ever be exposed to enough lead in such household items as utensils, cups, bowls, or bathtubs to suffer ADHD-like symptoms. Chil-dren who are most at risk for lead exposure are those who live in older buildings in inner cities where lead paint remains on the walls.
That said, if your child suffers from unexplained mild anemia, stomachaches, constipation, forgetfulness, attention problems, aggressiveness, and mood swings, you may want to double check him for lead poisoning, although it's more likely he has a cold or the flu. While it is highly unlikely that lead poisoning is the culprit, it's better to be safe than sorry.