Carrots are loaded with vitamin A and E and are great for babies and toddlers.
INGREDIENTS | YIELDS 1 pound of carrots
- 1 pound carrot coins, steamed
- 1 tablespoons butter or trans fat–free margarine
- 2 tablespoons wildflower honey
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- Salt to taste
Steam carrot coins in the microwave until tender.
In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
In small bowl, combine honey, agave nectar, and lemon or lime juice.
Add carrots and honey mixture to saucepan with butter.
Heat through and mix until carrots are coated with honey mixture.
Remove with slotted spoon and serve. Sprinkle with salt to taste.