Turkey, Spinach, and Artichoke Casserole
This is an adaptation of traditional hot spinach and artichoke dip. If you want to serve it as a dip or for a light lunch, simply mix all ingredients together in a food processor and bake it according to the recipe instructions.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 10–12
- 1 14-ounce jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3 10-ounce packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups cooked turkey, finely chopped
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¼ cup butter or extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup freshly ground Parmigiano-Reggiano or Romano cheese
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Evenly spread the artichoke hearts across the bottom of a 9" × 13" nonstick baking pan. Top with the spinach and the turkey.
Add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, butter or oil, and cream or milk to a food processor; process until smooth. Spread over the top of the turkey.
Sprinkle with pepper, and then the cheese.
Bake uncovered for 40 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and the casserole is lightly browned on top. This dish can be assembled the night before and refrigerated; allow extra baking time if you move the casserole directly from the refrigerator to the oven.
Turkey, Spinach, and Artichoke Fondue
Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth. Put into an electric fondue pot set at medium-high heat (setting 4 ½ –5 on the Cuisinart Electric Fondue Pot); bring it to temperature, stirring frequently. Once it's heated through, reduce the setting to warm (setting 3 on the Cuisinart) to hold the fondue. Serve with bread, crackers, or crudités.