Wieners and Baked Beans
You can leave the hot dogs whole or cut them into pieces, depending on how you plan to serve the dish. Or you can do a combination of the two: Leave the number you need for sandwiches whole and cut the remaining hot dogs into pieces.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 6–8
- 1 8-ounce package bacon, cut into pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 1-pound cans baked beans
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ cup ketchup or barbecue sauce
- 1 1-pound package hot dogs
Add the bacon to a deep nonstick skillet and brown it over medium heat. Leave 1 tablespoon of bacon fat in the pan and drain off any excess.
Add the onion and sauté until transparent. Add the baked beans, brown sugar, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, and ketchup or barbecue sauce and mix well.
Stir in the hot dog pieces. If you are keeping any of the hot dogs whole, lay them across the top of the beans. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.