Hearty Beef Stew
Serve this stew with crackers or dinner rolls and you have an easy, complete comfort-food meal.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 1 pound cooked roast beef, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 10 ¾-ounce can condensed tomato soup
- 1 10 ½-ounce can condensed French onion soup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups frozen vegetables of your choice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Add the roast beef, soups, Worcestershire sauce, water, and vegetables to a 6-quart or larger Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 6 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix the butter into the flour to make a paste. Ladle about ½ cup of the soup broth into the bowl and whisk into the paste, then pour it into the stew. Increase the heat to medium-high and return the pot to a boil; boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for an additional 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the stew is thickened. Taste for seasoning, and add salt and pepper, if needed.