Chicken and Spinach Curry
The chicken and spinach create a layer in the pressure cooker that keeps the pasta sauce from burning on the bottom of the pan.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 6
- ½ cup chicken broth or water
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 10-ounce packages frozen spinach
- 1 ½ cups store-bought pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 cups cooked rice
- OPTIONAL: fresh chopped cilantro to taste
Add the broth and chicken to the pressure cooker and place the still-frozen blocks of spinach on top. Mix the pasta sauce together with the curry powder and pour it over the spinach. Do not mix the sauce into the other ingredients.
Lock the lid in place. Bring to high pressure over medium heat; maintain pressure for 5 minutes. Quick release the pressure. Carefully remove the lid, add the applesauce, and stir well.
If the moisture from the spinach thinned the sauce too much, simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, or until the sauce is the desired consistency. Taste the sauce and add salt, pepper, and more curry if needed. Serve over cooked rice. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.