Thai Beef Salad
This salad takes leftover beef to a whole new level. You can punch it up with store-bought dressing.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 10 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon red chili paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked beef, cubed
- 4 cups salad mix
- 2 large cucumbers, thinly sliced
- Fresh chopped cilantro to taste
- 4 green onions, chopped
Add the yellow onion, lime juice, fish sauce, mint, sugar, red chili paste, garlic, and beef to a bowl; stir to mix. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
For each serving, place 1 cup of salad mix on a plate or in a salad bowl. Arrange the cucumber slices over the top of the salad mix.
Spoon the beef mixture over the cucumber slices. Garnish with fresh cilantro and chopped green onion.