Macadamia and Avocado Chicken Salad
If you don't have macadamia nut oil, you can substitute extra-virgin olive oil or a mild vegetable oil. If you use a substitute, start with half the oil called for in the recipe, taste, and then add more oil, if desired.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- ½ cup macadamia nut oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- ½ tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 2 green onions, white part only, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 ounces macadamia nuts, chopped
- 4 cups of mesclun greens
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, and sliced
Add the oil, vinegar, mustard, onion, salt, and pepper to a large bowl; whisk to combine.
Add the chicken, red and yellow bell pepper, nuts, and mesclun greens or salad mix; toss to mix.
Spoon the salad onto 4 individual plates and arrange ¼ of the avocado slices decoratively on the side of each plate.