Chicken Waldorf Salad
This salad is better if it's refrigerated for 1 hour before serving. The lime juice prevents the apples from turning brown.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
- 1 large Red Delicious apple, cored and diced
- 1 large Yellow Delicious apple, cored and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups salad mix
Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, sugar, and ginger to a bowl large enough to hold the salad; stir to combine, then fold in the apples, celery, walnuts, and chicken.
Before serving, check for seasoning and add salt, pepper, and more sugar, if needed.
To serve, spoon ¼ of the chicken salad over 1 cup of salad mix.