Tuna and Fresh Tomato Pizza
This is a quick-and-easy, totally “to taste” recipe. Feel free to use fresh herbs if you have them on hand, but the succulent taste of the fresh tomato stands up to the hearty flavor of the dried seasonings.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 1
- 1 flour tortilla
- Extra-virgin olive oil to taste
- 1 small vine-ripened tomato
- Dash granulated sugar
- Dash dried minced garlic or garlic powder
- Dash dried minced onion or onion powder
- Dash dried oregano
- Dash dried basil
- Dash dried parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 12-ounce can reduced-sodium tuna, drained
- Mozzarella cheese, grated, to taste
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese to taste
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Coat both sides of the tortilla with the oil. Place on a baking sheet.
Peel and chop the tomato. Add it to a small bowl and mix it with a pinch of sugar. Spread the tomato and juices over the tortilla.
Sprinkle the garlic, onion, oregano, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper over the tomatoes, to taste. Add as much of the tuna as you wish, and top with the cheeses.
Bake for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Drizzle more extra-virgin olive oil over the top of the baked pizza, if desired.