Welsh Pork Pie
This dish is traditionally served cold or at room temperature, so it's an excellent dish to make ahead to serve at brunch.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 6
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground pork
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 large eggs
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried sage
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 refrigerated peel-and-unroll-style pie crust
Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
Add the ground pork, onion, eggs, cayenne, sage, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper to a deep-dish pie pan. Mix well and spread out evenly in the pan.
Bake for 30 minutes. Drain off any excess fat.
Cover the meat mixture with the pie crust. Cut vents in the crust. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and flaky.