Fantastic Fish Pie
Because of the generous amount of mashed potatoes that form a meringue-style mound over the fish, this recipe could easily be stretched to 6 servings.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 16 ounces cod fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 14 ½-ounce can stewed tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon dried minced onion
- ½ teaspoon dried minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 4 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
Preheat oven to 375 °F.
Treat a 9 ½" deep-dish pie pan with nonstick spray. Arrange the fish pieces evenly across the bottom of the pan.
In a bowl, mix together the stewed tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, parsley, oregano, sugar, and cheese. Pour over the fish.
Pipe or spread the mashed potatoes evenly over the top of the sauce. Sprinkle generously with paprika.
Bake for 45 minutes, or until the potatoes are lightly browned and the sauce is bubbly.