The ham will already be salty, so be careful about how much salt you add to the egg mixture. The optional Dijon mustard and mayonnaise punch up the flavor.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4–8
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- OPTIONAL: salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- OPTIONAL: dash of cayenne pepper to taste
- OPTIONAL: ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- OPTIONAL: 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ½ pound Swiss cheese, grated
- ½ pound cooked ham, cut into cubes
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie shell
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Beat the eggs with the flour, then stir in the milk. Add salt, pepper, cayenne, mustard, and mayonnaise, if using.
Fold in the cheese and ham. Pour into the pie shell.
Place the pie shell on a baking sheet or jellyroll pan and put in the oven. Bake for 40–45 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges. Serve warm or at room temperature.