Slow-Cooked Mushroom Steak and Vegetables
You can easily make this dish into a complete meal by serving it with ready-made mashed potatoes. Heat the potatoes in the microwave. Add your choice of microwave steam-in-bag vegetables or a salad.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 8
- 2 pounds boneless beef round steak, cut ¾" thick
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 12-ounce jar beef gravy
- 1 1-ounce package dry mushroom gravy mix
- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 3 cups cleaned and sliced fresh button or cremini mushrooms
Trim the fat from the steak; cut the meat into 8 serving-size pieces.
Add the oil to a 4-quart slow cooker and bring to temperature on the high setting. Add the meat and brown it while you ready the remaining ingredients. Combine the beef gravy and mushroom gravy mix.
Remove the meat from the cooker and spread the onions over the bottom of the crock. Place the meat on top of the onions, and arrange the mushrooms over the top of the meat.
Pour the gravy mixture over the top. Lower the temperature to the low setting and cook for 8 to 10 hours.