Top 10 Ways to Keep Your Dog Naturally Healthy
1. Choose a healthy dog to bring home and begin house training and regular training as soon as he arrives.
2. Locate a holistic or integrative veterinarian that you feel comfortable with and provide preventive health care by taking your dog to the doctor regularly.
3. Give your dog plenty of water daily and feed her a natural high-quality diet with fresh, wholesome ingredients, supplements, and vitamins.
4. Give your dog some exercise every day; exercise should be appropriate for his age and growth stage.
5. Spay your female dog before her first season to prevent mammary cancer and neuter your male by his first birthday to prevent testicular cancer.
6. Give the core set of vaccines only to puppies, or comply with the legal requirements of your state; after that use blood tests, called vaccine titers, to determine immunity levels before vaccinating.
7. Keep your dog free of parasites and your environment clear of toxins.
8. Ask your veterinarian about using homeopathy, traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture, massage, aromatherapy, and herbs when appropriate.
9. Maintain your dog's oral health.
10. Learn the early warning signs of illness and seek preventive treatment when necessary.