Seafood Quiche Recipe
Most cooked frozen shrimp comes with the tails attached. Thaw the shrimp according to directions and gently pull off and discard the tail.
SERVES ► 6
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained
- 4 ounces small frozen cooked shrimp, thawed
- 1 (6-ounce) can crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 Pie Crust, unbaked
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, mayonnaise, mustard, flour, and dill weed and beat to combine.
Arrange mushrooms, shrimp, crab, and Swiss in layers in pie crust.
Pour egg mixture over. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 40–50 minutes or until quiche is puffed and golden brown.
Whether you use canned or frozen crabmeat, it always has to be picked over before use. In processing, small bits of shell or pieces of cartilage get into the meat. Drain the crab, then spread it on a kitchen towel or paper towel and run your fingers through it. Pick out and discard anything that feels hard or sharp.