Crabby Corn Pie Recipe
Surimi is imitation crabmeat that looks and tastes just like the real thing.
SERVES ► 6
- 1½ cups crushed soda crackers
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (8-ounce) package frozen surimi, thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In medium bowl, combine cracker crumbs with melted butter. Mix well, then press into bottom and up sides of a 9″ pie pan. Set aside.
In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, about 4 minutes.
Add flour, salt, and basil; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
Add milk; cook and stir until thickened.
Add corn and eggs; stir well. Cook for 1 minute.
Chop surimi into bite-sized pieces and arrange with cheese in pie crust. Carefully pour in corn mixture.
Bake for 30–40 minutes or until the pie is set, puffed, and golden brown.
Let stand for 5 minutes, then serve.