Chicken with Linguine Recipe
Serve this elegant dish immediately so there is still contrast between the creamy chicken and crunchy croutons.
SERVES ► 6
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 Slow Cooker Simmered Chicken Breasts, sliced
- ½ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- ½ cup half-and-half cream
- 1 pound linguine pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- ½ cup garlic croutons, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
Remove bacon, crumble, and set aside. Drain drippings from skillet and discard; do not wipe out skillet.
Add olive oil and onion to skillet and cook over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package directions until al dente.
When onion is tender, add chicken, basil, and half-and-half to skillet and bring to a simmer.
Drain pasta and add to skillet along with Swiss cheese, crushed croutons, and Parmesan cheese; toss gently and serve immediately.