Low-Calorie Corn Bread
The cream-style corn and cheddar cheese make this corn bread so decadent you won't believe it's so low in calories.
INGREDIENTS | YIELDS 10 servings
- 1 cup self-rising yellow cornmeal mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- ¾ cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup no-salt-added cream-style corn
- ½ cup shredded reduced-fat extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- light cooking spray
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Combine cornmeal mix and sugar in a large bowl.
Combine butter, sour cream, creamed corn, cheese, egg, and egg whites in a medium bowl. Stir well with a whisk. Add to cornmeal mixture, stirring until moist.
Pour batter into a 13″ × 9″ baking pan coated with cooking spray.
Bake for 25 minutes.
- Calories: 151
- Fat: 6 grams
- Protein: 5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 20 grams
- Cholesterol: 36 milligrams