Wild Rice Cranberry Salad
The vividness of this salad is second only to its incredible tastiness! Serve chilled or at room temperature.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 6 ounces wild rice, uncooked
- 6 ounces fresh cranberries
- ¼ cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup carrots cut in strips
- 1 cup minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- Dash freshly ground pepper
Prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside.
Combine cranberries, juice, and sugar in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat. Stir occasionally until cranberries pop, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and cool slightly.
Transfer cranberry mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Toss gently until combined well.
Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Fat: 2.83 grams
Saturated Fat: 0.46 grams
Carbohydrates: 45.20 grams
Calcium: 33.08 mg
Lactose: 0.0 grams