1. Knotting will help you in endeavors you already enjoy. If you're an avid camper, you'll find setting up camp a lot easier once you have knotting skills.
2. It will also help you get involved in new activities. If you've never tried boating, learning knots will take you a step closer to this activity.
3. Knotting is a useful skill in many crafts.
4. Tying cordage properly will make you look competent.
5. You will be able to manage ropes of different sizes and materials.
6. You will learn how to tie safer knots that won't untie under duress.
7. You'll react better if you need to tie a knot in an emergency.
8. You'll find more uses for rope, like securing cargo to your bicycle or motorcycle.
9. You'll be able to rely on cordage to make a variety of repairs.
10. Most importantly, you'll learn how to do the job right.