Apple and Cranberry Crumble Tart
Serve warm, giving the family sweet fruits in a delicious treat—alternate the berries! Even serve with low-fat frozen yogurt for that à la mode feeling!
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 8
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup trans-fat-free margarine, cut in pieces
- 6 cups Granny Smith or Red Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Nonstick cooking spray
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Combine flour, 1/4 cup of the sugar, brown sugar, and margarine in a small bowl. Mix with a fork, until crumbly.
In a large mixing bowl, combine apples and cranberries, remaining sugar, orange juice, vanilla, and cornstarch. Mix well.
In a square baking dish, spray nonstick cooking spray. Pour the fruit mixture into the baking dish, and top with flour mixture.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.