Unique Zucchini Casserole
A wonderful soufflé-like dish. It is quite delicious—and low-fat.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES
- 3 cups zucchini, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup trans-fat-free margarine
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 (103/4-ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) package seasoned bread crumb stuffing
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup trans-fat-free margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine zucchini, margarine, onions, carrots, cream of mushroom soup, and sour cream. Mix well.
Add 1/2 of the bread crumb stuffing and mix well.
Spray nonstick cooking spray into casserole dish. Pour zucchini mixture into casserole dish.
Mix remainder of bread crumb stuffing with melted margarine.
Sprinkle top of casserole with bread crumb mixture and Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.