Appetizer with Wings
An Asian appetizer that will be the hit of the party—this could really be prepared with any vegetables and any type of nut.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 2/3 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup packaged shredded cabbage with carrots (coleslaw mix)
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons bottled hoisin sauce
- 9 to 12 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves, cleaned
In a medium mixing bowl, combine chicken, cabbage slaw, peanuts, and hoisin sauce.
Spoon into lettuce leaves and fold. Serve immediately.
Romaine, Bibb, or Boston Lettuce
Serve your family different varieties of lettuce, such as Romaine, Red Leaf, Bibb, Boston, or Field Greens. The “greener” the lettuce, the more abundant the nutrients. Steer clear of the one type of lettuce with very little nutritional value—iceberg.