Amazing Apple Omelet
What a neat and distinctive combination of flavors; perfect for a quick snack, breakfast, weekend lunch, or dinner.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons white sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large Red Delicious apple, peeled, cored, and very thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a small bowl, whip egg whites with an electric mixer until foamy.
As egg whites foam, add 2 tablespoons sugar, while continuing to whip until stiff peaks form.
In another medium mixing bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
Blend in the milk, egg yolks, vanilla, and lemon juice until well blended.
Fold in the egg whites with a spatula until blended and smooth.
Spray round baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour batter evenly in the pan.
Place the apples on top of the batter. Sprinkle with cinnamon and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the apples are just golden.