Sizzling Sirloin Shish Kabobs
For the best flavor, prepare marinade and leave sirloin chunks in the marinade overnight.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 6–8
- 2 1/2 pounds lean sirloin, cubed in 2-inch squares
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound large mushrooms, sliced in half
- 3 medium onions, cut in quarters
- Skewer sticks
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
Prepare marinade by blending all ingredients in a blender for 30 seconds.
Marinate beef overnight.
When ready to prepare, place beef and vegetables on skewers, alternating meat with vegetable.
Broil or grill for 15 minutes, turning frequently.
Dinner Is Much Easier When Majority Rules
The bottom line here is that moms and dads should not be short-order cooks. There is no time, nor usually the desire, to create several meals per night that everyone will like. Therefore, from the get-go, begin to serve meals that can either “grow” on your children, or spouse, or prepare popular meals that everyone enjoys—and just vary them a little bit.