Cheesy Chicken Casserole
For the extra spicy version, include the optional jalapeno pepper.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4–6
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 cups white rice, cooked
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, diced in small cubes
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cups low-fat sour cream
- 12 ounces low-fat Monterey jack or mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (12-ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and cut into strips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked brown and white rice, tomatoes, onion, and diced chicken. Season with pepper.
Spoon about half of this mixture into a shallow, greased, 2- to 3-quart casserole dish.
Cover with 1 cup sour cream, half of the cheese and half of the olives.
Repeat the above layers.
Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.