Sea of Red
1. How did Moses divide the sea?
2. As the Hebrews crossed the sea, what was to their left and right?
3. Which direction did the wind that dried the sea's bed come from?
a. The south
b. The north
c. The west
d. The east
4. When the Egyptians followed them into the middle of the sea, what did the Lord do?
5. Why did the Egyptians try to turn back?
6. What happened when the Hebrews reached the other side?
7. Who did the Hebrews believe had led them to safety?
c. The Pharaoh
d. The Lord
8. Miriam used an instrument to lead the women in song and dance — what was it?
a. A tambourine
b. A drum
d. A guitar
9. When the people saw they had nothing to drink, to whom did they complain?
a. To Moses
b. To Abraham
c. To God
d. To the golden calf THIS
10. How did the bitter water of this new wilderness become sweet?
11. Why did the Hebrews wish they were back in Egypt?
If you want to make your own parting Red Sea, find a clean, clear twenty-ounce plastic soda bottle with a lid. Remove the label. While standing over a sink, pour 1 cup of oil and 1 cup of red colored water into the bottle. Then, screw the lid back on and make sure it's tight. Now, tip your bottle to see what happens. Store your Red Sea in a place where the oil can't spill.
The Lord provides food for the hungry children of Israel. — Eus 16:4–17:5