A Gift of Healing
1. When Jesus began to preach, why did he want the people to repent of their sins?
2. When Jesus met the two brothers, Simon (also known as Peter) and Andrew, what were they doing?
a. Fishing in Galilee
b. Herding sheep
d. Working as carpenters
3. What did Jesus ask the two brothers to do?
4. Another set of brothers left their ship and followed him.
What were their names?
a. Matthew and Mark
b. Judas and Luke
c. James and John
d. Matthew and John
5. How did Jesus begin bringing God's message to the people?
6. What were other ways he helped the people?
7. Were the people of Israel the only ones who had heard of Jesus?
8. What did Jesus say would happen to the poor in spirit?
9. What would the meek inherit?
a. The Earth
d. The universe
10. What did Jesus say about those who anger others by doing the right thing?
Our Closest Star
Our sun is one of the many stars in the universe, neither the smallest nor the largest. Even though the sun is our closest star, it's still over 90 million miles away from the Earth. It takes about 8 minutes for its warm rays to reach us — and that's a good thing! Sunlight is essential for life on Earth.
Who Am I?
When God commanded me to do His work, I hid in a boat. When a storm tossed me overboard, I was swallowed by a whale, and I stayed in the whale's belly until I decided to listen to God.