Black Forest Ice Cream Pie
Black forest cake is a traditional dessert hailing from Germany and consists of layers of chocolate cake, whipped cream, and lots of cherries. This pie is a wonderful adaptation of the traditional gateau.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 12
- 2 cups Decadent Chocolate Ice Cream, slightly softened
- 1 baked Chocolate Tart Crust
- 1 cup Cherry Compote
- 1 cup Cream Cheese Frozen Yogurt, slightly softened
- 1 cup Chocolate Cherry Frozen Yogurt, slightly softened
- 3 cups Sweetened Whipped Cream
- Chocolate curls, for garnish
- Maraschino cherries, for garnish
Spread the Decadent Chocolate Ice Cream into the prepared Chocolate Tart Crust pie shell. Allow to freeze for 30 minutes.
Top with the Cherry Compote, followed by the Cream Cheese Frozen Yogurt. Allow to freeze for 30 minutes.
Top with Chocolate Cherry Frozen Yogurt. Add whipped cream, piling high in the center.
Freeze until set. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls and cherries.