Cherry Pie Cones
Using ice cream cones to hold cherry pie filling helps cut down on the fat and makes pie easier for little ones to eat.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 12
- 1 21-ounce can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup bing cherries, pitted and halved
- ½ cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 12 flat-bottomed ice cream cones
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
In medium bowl, combine pie filling, cherries, and miniature chocolate chips; set aside.
Place milk chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 50 percent power for 2 minutes, then stir until melted.
Using a small pastry brush, brush the melted chocolate inside the ice cream cones. Let stand until hardened, about 20 minutes.
Fill each with ¼ cup pie filling mixture, then cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
When ready to serve, top with the frozen whipped topping.
Fat: 7.41 grams
Fat as % of calories: 32.7%
Carbohydrates: 33.26 grams
Fiber: 1.57 grams
Sodium: 30.98 mg
Vitamin A: 2% DV
Vitamin C: 5% DV
Calcium: 41.19 mg