Sautéed Fennel with Olives and Arugula
This pairs well with a fish entrée for a fall dinner. Prewashed baby arugula leaves are available prepackaged in the produce section of larger supermarkets.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
Carb Level: Low
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced leek (white and pale green parts only)
- ½ cup seeded and diced red bell pepper (about ½-inch dice)
- ¼ cup capers, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1½ cups arugula leaves (organic baby arugula leaves if possible)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fennel, leek, red pepper, and capers; sauté until crisp-tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the olives and arugula leaves, and sauté until the leaves just start to wilt, about 1 minute.
Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.