Grilled Veggie Kebabs
Easy to prepare ahead for a summer cookout. The uncooked kebabs travel well, making them perfect for a summer outdoor potluck.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
Carb Level: Moderate
- 8-12 (10-inch) skewers
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch dice
- 2 small zucchini, cut into ½-inch-thick rounds
- 8 ounces medium-sized button mushrooms, stemmed and cleaned
- ½ cup Italian or Greek salad dressing
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
Clean and oil grill grate and preheat grill to medium.
Assemble the kebabs by threading a piece of the green pepper, tomato, red pepper, zucchini, and mushroom on a skewer, repeating the process for each skewer.
Brush the skewers generously with salad dressing and cook over a medium-hot fire, continuing to baste with the remaining dressing until the vegetables are lightly charred, about 4 minutes per side.
Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper. Serve immediately.