Green Peas with Shiitake Mushrooms
The shiitakes give this recipe an Asian flair, but you can substitute button mushrooms for the shiitakes if you desire.
INGREDIENTS |SERVES 4
Carb Level: Moderate
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen peas, petite size
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- ¼-½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the scallions and mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, for about 7 minutes, until the mushrooms soften slightly.
Add the garlic and stir to mix. Cook for just about 1 minute, but don't let the garlic brown (it imparts a bitter taste).
Add the peas and water and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until the peas are tender, about 4 minutes.
Stir in the rice wine vinegar, salt, and pepper. Serve hot.