Breaded Chicken Breast
Processing one or two pieces of crustless bread (cut into quarters) through your food processor easily makes fresh bread crumbs.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 1
Carb Level: Low
- 1 (5-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast
- Pinch seasoned salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon snipped chives
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons fresh bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 375°.
Line a small baking pan with tinfoil. Rinse the chicken under cold, running water and pat dry with paper towels. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and set aside.
In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, chives, and red pepper flakes. Add the shallots and combine.
Dip the chicken in the mustard mixture to coat evenly and place in the center of the lined baking pan. Press the bread crumbs in an even layer over the top of the chicken.
Bake, uncovered, until the juices run clear and the topping is browned, about 17 to 20 minutes. Serve hot.