This is a delicious topping featuring your favorite herbs. You can also try different herb combinations for a unique blend.
INGREDIENTS | MAKES 4 servings
Carb Level: Low
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- ¼ cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, basil, cilantro, mint, dill, tarragon, oregano, or thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Combine the honey, olive oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a medium-sized nonreactive bowl and whisk to combine.
Add the remaining ingredients and lightly toss to combine.
Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Make Salsa in Advance
Most salsas can be made in advance and refrigerated. Use a nonreactive bowl, such as glass, ceramic, or stainless steel. Metal bowls will give the salsas an “off” taste when they are made with fresh citrus juice.