This is an elegant, savory seafood salad. You can substitute cooked crab or lobster for the shrimp, or try a combination.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
Carb Level: Low
- 1½ pounds cooked medium-sized shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail off (about 2 cups)
- ¾ cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallot
- ½ cup peeled, seeded, and diced cucumber (about ½-inch dice)
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning for seafood
- ⅛ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
Combine the cooked seafood, celery, shallot, cucumber, and dill in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Refrigerate until ready to dress.
Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, dry mustard, pepper sauce, seafood seasoning, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and whisk together until evenly blended.
Add two-thirds of the dressing mixture to the seafood mixture and toss to combine. If needed, add more dressing, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency is achieved.
Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with lemon wedges.
All vegetables, with the exceptions of the obvious, like onions, should be thoroughly rinsed under cold, running water. There are several fruit and vegetable “spray washes” on the market designed to remove shipping wax and pesticides. Follow the directions on the product label.