This is a nice way to use an extra piece of cooked salmon. You can substitute your own favorite dressing or spice blend for the ranch.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
Carb Level: Low
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Seasoned salt, to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 16 ounces cooked salmon, skinned, boned, dark vein removed, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
Combine the capers, mayonnaise, ranch dressing, parsley, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; mix well.
Combine the salmon and red onion in a medium-sized bowl and lightly toss together.
Add two-thirds of the dressing mixture to the salmon mixture and toss to combine. If needed, add more dressing, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency is achieved.
Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with lemon wedges.
Tasty Salad Additions
Looking for things to add to salads without adding a lot of carbs? Low-carb salad additions include shaved Parmesan, blue cheese crumbles, goat cheese crumbles, and crispy bacon bits, to name just a few.