Chicken Salad with Cashews and Apples
What an elegant salad for lunch. You can substitute almonds or walnuts for the cashews, if desired.
INGREDIENTS |SERVES 4
Carb Level: Low
- ½ cup peeled and diced Granny Smith apples (about ¼-inch dice)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 cups shredded, cooked chicken meat
- ¾ cup finely chopped celery
- ½ cup roasted cashew pieces
- Pinch celery salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Combine the diced apples with the rice wine vinegar in a medium-sized nonreactive mixing bowl; toss to mix. Add the chicken, celery, cashews, celery salt, and pepper; mix to combine.
Mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise, and lemon juice in a small nonreactive bowl.
Add ¾ of the dressing to the chicken mixture and mix well. If needed, add more dressing, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency is achieved.
Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with extra roasted cashew pieces.