Chicken and Blue Cheese Salad
Use a good-quality refrigerated blue cheese dressing for this salad. Garnish the plate with a few carrot sticks and cucumber slices.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
Carb Level: Low
- ½ cup blue cheese dressing
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ½ cup cooked crispy bacon, broken into small pieces
- 4 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken meat
- ½ cup diced ripe avocado (about ½-inch dice)
- Seasoned salt, to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Combine the dressing, vinegar, and Dijon in a bowl and mix well.
Combine the blue cheese crumbles, bacon, and chicken in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add ¾ of the dressing to the chicken mixture and mix well. If needed, add more dressing, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency is achieved.
Add the avocado and lightly combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.