Greek Feta Salad
Add a pound of cooked gyro meat on top of this salad for a hearty one-plate meal. Pair with a creamy dressing to complement the tang of the feta.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
Carb Level: Moderate
- 3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tablespoon dried Mediterranean spice blend
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups peeled, seeded, and sliced cucumbers
- ¼ cup thinly sliced scallions
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- ½ cup pepperoncini, drained, left whole
- 6 cups romaine hearts, chopped
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
In a large mixing bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, spices, seasonings, and cheese; mix until well combined.
Add the remaining ingredients and toss until evenly coated.
To serve, divide equally among 4 chilled salad plates.