This recipe takes advantage of the convenience of the deli and salad bar. Substitute a few of your personal favorites for the selections here.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
Carb Level: Moderate
- ¼ pound Genoa salami, thinly sliced and cut into quarters
- ¼ pound pepperoni, thinly sliced and cut into quarters
- ¼ pound sopressata, thinly sliced and cut into quarters
- ⅛ pound mozzarella, thinly sliced and cut into quarters
- ⅛ pound provolone, thinly sliced and cut into quarters
- ½ cup pepperoncini, drained, left whole
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- ½ cup assorted color bell pepper strips
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 12 ounces baby spinach leaves
- ⅓ cup Italian dressing
- Parmesan shavings
- Dried Italian seasoning, for garnish
Put the meats, cheeses, vegetables, and spinach in a large mixing bowl and lightly toss to combine.
Slowly drizzle with the Italian dressing, continuing to toss. The salad should be very lightly dressed (reserve leftover dressing for another use).
Transfer the salad to a serving bowl and garnish with Parmesan shavings and Italian herbs.
Take advantage of the salad bar and the deli for preprepped vegetables for your salad. While the cost may initially seem expensive, remember: no waste, no leftovers, no prep time. It actually may be cost-effective in the long run.