Pita Toast with Herbs and Cheese
These pita toast snacks are an easy alternative to traditional appetizers. They work well as after-school snacks for kids and as starters for a cocktail party.
INGREDIENTS | MAKES 4 SNACKS
- 1 whole-wheat pita
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Gorgonzola cheese, at room temperature
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Cut the pitas in fourths and then toast.
Using a fork, mix the rest of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Spread on pitas and serve.
PER SERVING: Calories: 77 | GI: Low | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g