Fruit Skewers with Dip
A forkless version of the fruit salad, this appetizer can be made with a variety of seasonal fruits.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 4 kiwi fruit, sliced in ½″ pieces
- 8 large strawberries, sliced in half
- 2 medium pears, cut into ½″ pieces
- 1 large orange, sliced into ½″ pieces
- 1 cup plain, low-fat yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
Arrange cut fruit pieces on 8 wooden skewers, alternating fruit types.
In a small bowl, mix yogurt, lime juice, and mint.
Serve fruit skewers with yogurt dip.
PER SERVING: Calories: 159 | GI: Low | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g
Fresh Herbed Yogurt
Herbs and citrus make yogurt taste great. For a different flavor, try using fresh basil leaves and the juice of half a lemon. You may also use other low GI fresh fruits like bananas and apples.