Serve this soup with a variety of toppings, just like a taco! Cheddar cheese, sour cream, jalapeño peppers, and tortilla chips all taste delicious paired with this soup.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 8
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream corn
- 1 (15-ounce) can hominy, with liquid
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, with liquid
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, with liquid
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco mix
- 1 (1-ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
Brown ground beef in skillet. Drain.
Add beef and remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and mix well.
Cover and cook on low for 6–7 hours. Cool and freeze in a freezer bag.
Defrost in the refrigerator overnight. Heat over medium for 15–20 minutes or until desired temperature is reached, and serve.
Calories: 665 | Fat: 17g | Protein: 47g | Sodium: 550mg | Carbohydrates: 85g | Fiber: 21g
Portion Control Your Soup
Line your favorite microwavable soup mug with a quart-sized freezer bag. Pour the soup into the lined mug and flash freeze. Once the soup is frozen, lift the bag of soup from the mug, and return the soup to the freezer. Now you have a perfectly shaped portion of soup that can go from the freezer straight to your mug. To heat, defrost, microwave, and serve soup in the same cup!