Bacon drippings add instant flavor to your dishes. After cooking bacon, pour the grease into a jar, secure the lid, and store in the refrigerator. Now you'll have bacon drippings available anytime you need them.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 6
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings (or vegetable oil)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) can seasoned diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 pounds cooked shrimp
In bacon drippings, sauté onion and bell pepper for 8–10 minutes until vegetables are soft.
Add garlic and sauté 1 minute.
Add remaining ingredients, mix, and immediately remove from heat. Pour into a freezer bag and freeze.
Defrost in refrigerator 12–24 hours and put into saucepan. Simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes. Serve over rice.
Calories: 241 | Fat: 9g | Protein: 25g | Sodium: 687mg | Carbohydrates: 15g | Fiber: 2.5g