Vegetarian Vegetable Bean Soup
Keep a batch of this delicious soup on hand for those cold evenings when you want something warm and comforting to eat. It also makes the perfect meal to bring to a sick friend.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 8–10
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 3 large carrots, peeled, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- ½ head cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 medium leeks, whites only, sliced
- 6–8 small red potatoes, cubed
- Pinch of rosemary
- 1 (16-ounce) can white beans, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine vegetable broth, tomatoes, garlic, carrots, celery, cabbage, onion, leeks, potatoes, and rosemary in a slow-cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours.
Add beans, salt, and pepper and cook for 30 minutes more. Freeze using freezer bags.
Defrost soup in the refrigerator overnight and heat over medium heat for 15–20 minutes.
Calories: 355 | Fat: 1g | Protein: 16g | Sodium: 275mg | Carbohydrates: 73g | Fiber: 17g