Black Bean and Corn Wraps
If you prefer corn tortillas to flour tortillas, you have a couple of options. You can bake corn taco shells in the oven and fill with the bean mixture, or heat corn tortillas in a skillet with a bit of oil to soften, then wrap.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 (8-count) package flour tortillas (used on reheating day)
Mix all ingredients together, except the tortillas, and freeze in a freezer bag.
Defrost bean mixture in the refrigerator overnight. Heat in a saucepan over medium heat 15–20 minutes or until it is desired temperature.
Wrap the flour tortillas in moist paper towels and heat in microwave for 1 minute.
Spoon bean mixture down the center of the tortillas. Fold up bottom and roll in sides to make a burrito.
Calories: 531 | Fat: 5g | Protein: 26g | Sodium: 430mg | Carbohydrates: 101g | Fiber: 19g