Wild Bean Tacos
A high-protein dish full of flavor that is satisfying and filling.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 6
½ cup wild onion or field garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups cooked, shelled wild beans, mashed
1 cup cooked wild rice
12 taco shells
1 cup Ground Cherry Salsa (Chapter 16)
1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
1. Sauté wild onions or field garlic in olive oil 5–10 minutes, until tender.
2. Add the wild beans and cooked rice to the onions or garlic and mix well.
3. Spoon 2 tablespoons mixture into taco shells.
4. Add 1 teaspoon Ground Cherry Salsa to each shell.
5. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Melt in oven on low broil.