This is like a lazy cook's omelet. It requires no flipping. Put it in the pan, cover it, and set the timer so you don't forget it.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 8
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves minced garlic
3 tablespoons butter
2 cups wild greens, chopped
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk or sour cream
1 cup grated cheese
Dash of cayenne pepper
What Is a Frittata?
A frittata is similar to an omelet except that the ingredients are mixed in with the egg mixture, covered, and cooked on low heat or baked without having to flip it.
1. In a skillet over medium heat, sauté garlic and onions 5–10 minutes in butter. Reduce heat to a low temperature.
2. Add wild greens and mix well. Spread evenly in pan.
3. In a separate bowl, beat eggs and add sour cream.
4. Pour over sautéed garlic and onions and greens.
5. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper and grated cheese. Cover pan and cook on low heat 30–45 minutes, until firm.